Why choose us
Mater Private Day Hospital has re-engineered and re-imagined the patient journey to make it more efficient and less stressful for patients. When you come to our Day Hospital, your visit will now include:
- a single visit to one state-of-the-art location
- all scans, tests and consultations conducted on site
- treatment planning on the day of your visit
- all supported by Mater Private Network expertise and excellence
Your medical journey and experience are completely transformed at Mater Private Day Hospitals. Your consultation, testing and diagnostic imaging all happen within one day, at one location. The result is a treatment plan ready for you one the same day.
This service is now available 7 days per week:
- Monday to Friday 8am-8pm
- Saturday & Sunday 9am-5pm
Advanced Cardiac Imaging Service
Online referrals for rapid access to Cardiac CT & Cardiac MRI & CTA. Access to the service is by referral only and you can send your referral directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore our services
Cardiac Testing & Imaging is used to assess how well your heart is working or coping with stress. Your care is handled by a multi-disciplinary team of world-class experts, with consultants who offer a high-degree of sub-specialisation, and cover the full spectrum of cardiac conditions.
This ensures patients receive the most up-to-date and widest range of diagnostic and therapeutic options, individually tailored to their specific needs.
Advanced Cardiac Imaging services are available through the expanded Mater Private Network, in addition to Cardiac Testing - five days a week and delivering faster and easier access to critical diagnostic testing.
Advance Cardiac Imaging Expertise
Our team of Cardiac Imaging Specialists is led by Dr. Roger Byrne, working alongside Dr. Pauline Diamond and Dr. Emily Ho.
- Analysis by expert Cardiologists and Radiologists
- Easy access via simplified referral pathway
- Highest quality, state-of-the-art technology
- Access to the service is by referral only and you can send your referral directly to email@example.com
Once received, the referral is triaged by our expert Consultants and patients are contacted directly to book an appointment.
For further information please visit our Medical Scans & Tests section.
Sub-specialist expertise is delivered on-site by the Mater Private Radiology Department, including X-Ray, MRI, CT, Dexa and Ultrasound. Access to imaging is provided on the same day as consultation and treatment planning.
The following diagnostic scans are available in the Day Hospital:
- MRI - Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- DEXA - Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (only in Cherrywood)
- CT - Computed Tomography (only in Northern Cross)
- CTA - Computed Tomography Angiography (only in Northern Cross)
For many patients, a treatment plan is a critical point in their healthcare journey. It's when decisions and plans are made; it's when the unknown becomes known and for many, it's where the journey starts.
At Mater Private Day Hospital, your diagnosis, treatment and care are managed directly by our expert team. We have reimagined the patient journey and adapted our processes to move away from waiting for appointments, multiple back-and-forth visits and waiting for results.
- A single visit to one purpose-built location
- All scans, tests and consultations carried out on-site
- An expert team of consultants, radiographers, technicians and physiologists
- All scans and tests reported on by Mater Private Radiology Specialist Consultants
- Treatment discussion and planning with your Consultant on the same day
- All supported by Mater Private expertise and excellence
Your journey and experience are completely transformed at Mater Private Day Hospitals. Your consultation, testing, diagnostic imaging and treatment planning all happen in one day, at one location.
Healthcheck is a comprehensive physician-led service at Mater Private Network, offering you a detailed snapshot of your health in just one visit, taking less than 3 hours. It aims to help people identify risk factors, signs and symptoms of common conditions, which if not detected early could result in serious health issues. For further details about this service click here.
At the Day Hospital your diagnosis, treatment and care are delivered leading Mater Private Network Consultants - with expertise and quality of care you can trust. A GP referral is required for access to services.
- Spinal Surgery
Mater Private Network Consultants operate daily clinics at the Day Hospital, where you are surrounded by a specialist team whose focus is you.
Consultants are supported by expert Mater Private Radiographers, Cardiac Physiologists and allied health professionals.
If your treatment plan requires surgery, procedures or other treatment on an inpatient basis, all our Consultants admit to Mater Private Hospital on Eccles Street, Dublin.
Your consultation, imaging, testing and treatment planning are all coordinated to happen together – on one day, in one visit, at one location - accelerating the time to starting a treatment plan.
The Day Hospital is designed around you, ensuring seamless continuity of care and communications across the Mater Private Network.
Since 2000, we are an officially designated aero-medical centre for those wishing to obtain a license from the Irish Aviation Authority.
For further information, visit Aeromedical service page