The Diabetes & Endocrine Centre at Mater Private offers a comprehensive, full range of services to patients living with or newly diagnosed with diabetes.
We offer treatment for all types of diabetes carried out by our team of expert specialists. We aim to provide excellent professional care to ensure our patients have the necessary support to manage their condition successfully.
Whether you are newly diagnosed, or have been living with your condition for some time, we provide the expertise and support you will need to manage your condition.
Why choose us?
- Access to best in class professional expertise required to manage different types of diabetes and endocrine disorders
- One location for all specialist advice and services required, so no need for multiple appointments and clinic visits
- Access to the latest information, education and treatment options for different types of diabetes
- Easy access to other Mater Private specialist consultants and diagnostics (including cardiologists and ophthalmologists) that may be required to successfully manage patient’s condition
Our specialist team at the Diabetes & Endocrine Centre provides tailored care to patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes as well as those with endocrine disorders.
The Diabetes & Endocrine Centre offers comprehensive treatment options and services including:
- Consultant endocrinologist consultations
- Diabetes dietitian consultations
- Diabetes nurse consultations
In addition to standard specialist consultation, Diabetes & Endocrine Centre offers tailored diabetes care programmes.
These packages have been developed to meet the specific needs of different patient groups.
- The new patient
- Starting insulin pump therapy
- Carbohydrate counting made easy
- The young adult taking control
- Preparing for pregnancy with diabetes
- Tailored diabetes care programmes include up to 40% discount on the standard visits
Endocrinology is the study of medicine that relates to the endocrine system, which is the system that controls hormones. An endocrinologist will deal with diseases that are caused by problems with hormones.
What is endocrinology?
The endocrine system is made up of a number of different glands that produce and secrete hormones that regulate various bodily functions. Endocrinology deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to hormones, focusing on the glands and tissues that secrete these hormones.
The most common endocrine conditions we treat are:
- Thyroid disease
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Disorders of calcium metabolism
- Pituitary and adrenal disorders
We offer ease of access to consultation and treatment with consultant endocrinologists, experts in the treatment of endocrine disorders.