Mater Private Network’s Healthcheck Centre provides a range of health check screening services. It is also a designated partner for Visa Medicals for Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
Our health screening programme has been in operation for over 30 years.
Healthcheck is a comprehensive physician led service, offering you a detailed snapshot of your health in just one short visit.Learn More
We provide access to visa medicals in one visit, one location. We are a designated partner for Australian, Canadian and New Zealand visa medicals.Learn More
Since 2000, Mater Private is an officially designated aero-medical centre for those wishing to obtain a license from the Irish Aviation Authority.Learn More
A health check is used to check that some of your body's most important systems are all running correctly and without any problems. Most importantly, a health check can detect potential problems before they do real damage.
Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, kidney disease and some forms of dementia. The good news is that these conditions can often be prevented. A health check will assess your risk of developing these health problems and give you personalised advice on how to reduce the risk of developing such problems.
When applying for a visa to certain countries, there is a requirement that applicants undergo a medical before a visa application can be approved or in some cases accepted. In order to protect their local community from public health and safety risks, immigration authorities like to ensure that applicants are free from a disease or condition considered to be a threat to public health or a danger to their local community.
All tests, including bloods and ECGs, are performed on site in a single visit.
All parts of the health screening programmes are led by fully qualified doctors. You will have a confidential consultation, including a physical examination.
Our Visa Medical department within the Healthcheck Centre offers programmes designed to facilitate urgent access to visa medicals, family bookings, corporate clients and group bookings. At the centre, we can perform all tests that are required for your medical in one single visit.
Healthcheck clients have access to our full service JCI accredited hospital, and its team of consultant specialists.
- A wealth of medical expertise.
- Over 30 years of health screening experience.
- The Visa Medical Centre provides easy access to visa medicals in one visit and in one location, with a fast turn around of results.
- A service designed specifically to identify risk factors, signs and symptoms of common conditions which if not detected early could result in serious health issues.
- A number of health screening programmes suitable to both the individual and the corporate sector. All check-ups are carried out in our new day hospitals (one in North County Dublin and one in South County Dublin).
- Access to our network of expert consultants and world-class facilities. Anyone who requires further investigation or medical care following their Healthcheck can be referred on to our consultant specialists for expert care.
Health screening is eligible for tax relief. Log on to www.revenue.ie for a Med 1 form and information on how to claim.
Some insurance companies reimburse their members for health screening – please check regarding your own personal account with your specific insurance provider.
Group and corporate discounts are available.