Please note that a referral letter is required before an appointment can be confirmed.
About our service
Both our urology service at Mater Private Dublin and our Urology Centre at Mater Private Cork offer a wide range of the latest surgical and non-surgical diagnostic and treatment options available to both adult and paediatric patients.
Mater Private Dublin was the first hospital in Dublin to offer robotic surgery and brachytherapy for prostate cancer patients and over the past five years, our surgeons have carried out over 800 robotically assisted prostate cancer surgeries. This innovative technique means a shorter hospital stay, less blood loss and a quicker return to normal activities, and our Cork hospital patients also have access to this service.
In the area of female urology, our service is dedicated to the special needs of women experiencing urinary issues. Whether the concern has been caused by childbirth, pelvic surgery, a structural problem or infection, our Urologic surgeons will determine the cause of the problem and develop the optimum treatment plan.
We incorporate the latest treatment protocols for pelvic floor problems such as incontinence and offer the full range of surgical and non-surgical andrology solutions.
Our Dublin and Cork teams include:
- Consultant urologic surgeons
- Robotic consultants
- Radiation oncologists
- Urology nurse specialist
- Pelvic floor health physiotherapist
Management of kidney stone disease includes:
- Rigid ureteroscopy
- Flexible ureteroscopy
- Laser disintegration of stones
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate)
- Voiding and lower urinary tract symptoms
- Haematuria (blood in the urine assessment)
- Urinary tract infections
- Urinary incontinence (men and women)
- Urethral strictures
- Chronic pelvic pain syndrome
- Scrotal swellings (hydroceles, cystoceles, epididymal cyst assessment)
- Adult and paediatric circumcision
- Erectile dysfunction and andrology
- Robotic surgery
- Nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy (kidney cancer)
- Refashioning of the pelvis of the kidney where there is a congenital narrowing
- Prostate imaging
- Transperineal prostate biopsy
- Day case urology assessments (bladder test, blood test, ultrasound and flexi-cystoscopy)
- Uroflow test and bladder scan
- Catheterisations (change/removal of catheters, management of catheters problems)
- Self-catheterisation instructions
- Bladder instillations (bladder washes)
- Pre/post-discharge plan education for patients undergoing robotic-assisted surgery
- Prostatectomy (removal of the prostate)