About our services
A blood test involves taking a sample of blood for testing in a laboratory. Blood tests have a wide range of uses and are one of the most common types of medical test.
- The phlebotomy department at Mater Private offers a walk-in service.
- The services are available Monday - Friday from 8am - 4pm.
- No appointment is necessary. A referral letter from your GP or consultant is required.
- Results are sent to your GP or consultant.
- Critical results are telephoned to the referring clinician.
- A consultant is available in each laboratory specialty to discuss specific results if required.
COVID-19 antibody testing is available by appointment only in our phlebotomy department.
This service is available Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm and on Saturdays from 9am – 1pm.
You can book an appointment by calling us on 01 885 8739 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org