New Graduate Nurse Programme
The Graduate Nurse Programme continues to be a success. The programme is aimed at nurses who are newly qualified or less than 2 years qualified and wish to gain experience in an acute, fast-paced clinical environment.
Members of our nursing team offer great support as they mentor the new graduates to gain competency in many clinical skills.
Nurses who successfully complete the 1-year programme, continue their employment in Mater Private Network and as staff nurses, they play an integral role in our nursing team as they continue to build on their nursing knowledge and expertise.
Help decide the pathway of your Nursing Career - Spend 4 months in 3 different specialities.
- Commencing November 2022 or once per month for staff with < 2 year experience
- Permanent contract – 1st year is on the graduate programme
- Generous starting salary 3rd point of staff nurse scale
- Three rotation placements
Education week includes:
- Lectures from MPN clinical nurse specialists
- Mater Private documentation & admission process
- Initial supernumerary period in assigned clinical area
- Mandatory training:
- Manual Handling
- Infection Control
- Fire Training
- Computer Training
- I.V. Medication Study Day
- Oncology and Haematology
- Anaesthetics and Recovery
- Day Therapy (Ward)
- B.Sc. General Nursing
- Registered with NMBI
- 2 Clinical References
If you would like to receive the job descriptions please contact our HR department:
- Dublin: AMcGarr@materprivate.ie
- Cork: Evelyn.Leonard@materprivate.ie