Please note that a referral letter is required before an appointment can be confirmed.
About our services
Dermatology is a special area of medicine that diagnoses, manages and treats conditions that affect your skin. Your skin is your body’s largest organ. It contains nerve endings, sweat glands, hair follicles, pores, blood vessels, and many other structures. Caring for it is important to your overall health, and the health of your skin often reflects other health issues that you may not have noticed.
Dermatology also is concerned with conditions that affect your nails, hair, and the delicate lining of your eyelids, nose, and mouth. Often these type of conditions can really affect your quality of life and your overall wellbeing.
Our consultant dermatologists have extensive experience in skin-related conditions treating general and more specialised conditions.
- Auto-immune blistering skin disease
- Fungal infections
- Inflammatory skin disorders
- Acute adult skin rashes
- Hair disorders
- Scarring alopecia
- Skin cancer care – mole screening, checks and treatment
Treatment may include lifestyle changes, medication and/or surgery. Some of the key services and treatments include:
- Cryosurgery (wart treatment)
- Cryotherapy (treatment option for pre-cancerous lesions)
- Dermatological surgery- rapid access skin cancer screening and treatment
- Excision of skin cancers
- Hair treatment: specialised scalp biopsies, injections and treatment for scarring alopecia
- Patch testing
- Mole removal
- Phototherapy treatment for psoriasis and ezcema
- Skin biopsy