About our services
The Sexual Health Clinic at Mater Private Hospital in Dublin offers confidential testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STI).
An STI (formerly called an STD) is an infection that can be passed from one person to another through sexual intercourse (vaginal, anal or oral).
The Sexual Health and Infectious Diseases Clinic at the Mater Private provides a broad range of services including:
- Asymptomatic STI screening and treatment, e.g., urethral & vaginal discharge, ulcers and genital lumps
- Treatment/management of chlamydia, gonorrhoea, herpes, genital warts (HPV), HIV and hepatitis B and C
- Travel vaccinations and prophylaxis, e.g., malaria, Hep A, yellow fever
- Sexual dysfunction assessment and treatment
- Diagnosis & treatment of other bacterial, viral, and tropical diseases