National leaders in Cardiovascular care
Please note a referral letter is required before an appointment can be confirmed.
The Heart & Vascular Centre at Mater Private Cork provides a comprehensive range of invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular services.
Our clinical expertise and the innovative technologies we use support our mission to improve the health and well-being of the patients we are privileged to care for.
Patient care is managed by a multi-disciplinary team of world-class experts and specialists covering the full spectrum of cardiac conditions.
Our team of consultants also offer a high degree of sub-specialisation expertise to treat the widest range of heart problems. This ensures patients receive the most comprehensive and up-to-date range of diagnostic and therapeutic options, individually tailored to their specific needs.
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Cardioembolic Stroke Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease Screening and Risk Factor Management
- Carotid, Aortic and Supra – Aortic Vessel Disease
- Chest Pain / Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Clinical Trials and Medical Device Research
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Grown–Up Congenital Heart Disease
- Palpitations and Arrhythmia
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Structural and Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Sudden Cardiac Death Screening
- Sudden Cardiac Death and Cardiac Arrest
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Venous Thromboembolic Disease
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
- Holter and Event Recorders
- Loop Recorder
- Ambulatory BP Monitoring
- Treadmill Stress Testing
- Alcohol Septal Ablation for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy with Obstruction
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Catheter-based Therapies for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Catheter-based Therapies for Obstructive Venous and Pulmonary Embolic Disease
- Catheter-based Therapies for Valvular Heart Disease
- Catheter-based Therapies for Paravalvular Leak
- Catheter-based Therapies for Hypertension
- Elective Cardioversion for Atrial Fibrillation (AF)
- Left Atrial Appendage Exclusion
- Mitral and Aortic Valvuloplasty
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Percutaneous Therapies for Peripheral Arterial and Venous Obstructive Disease
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (“stenting”)
- Percutaneous Closure of Intracardiac Defects such as ASD/VSD/PDA/PFO
In addition to the above, more complex procedures are also available at Mater Private Heart & Vascular Centre in Dublin.
Should a patient in Mater Private Cork require such procedures, these can be carried out by their Cork physician with the support of the Cardiology team at Mater Private Dublin. All pre – and post – procedural care will be carried out at Mater Private Cork.
Urgent cardiac care
We offer a service for patients experiencing urgent cardiac symptoms. Call 021 601 3333 to speak to one of our cardiac nurse specialists.
Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pmLearn more