Please note that a referral letter is required before an appointment can be confirmed.
About this service
Lens implant treatment is used in patients whose refractive error falls beyond the scope of laser surgery.
Like your eye's natural lens, the lens focuses light onto the retina, the sensitive tissue at the back of the eye that relays images through the optic nerve to the brain. The lens will contain the appropriate prescription to give you the best vision possible.
- An artificial lens is implanted into the eye, not onto the eye, and your own natural lens is left undisturbed.
- The lens will stay there permanently and enables you to see clearly as it will have the suitable prescription for your vision.
- The lens needs no maintenance and stays in the eye permanently.
- After the treatment you will be able to see immediately although it will be blurry initially.
- Vision is at its best after about one to three weeks in most cases.
- Our commitment to providing the highest standards of quality care drives our reputation.