Our Day Therapy centre enables patients in a wide variety of areas to avail of flexible treatment, that takes into consideration your personal needs, responsibilities and social routines.
A wide range of day case procedures are carried out in our Day Therapy centre including:
- Day Case Surgery
- Medical Investigations
- Endoscopic Investigations
- Minor Theatre Cases
- Pain Management
- Non-invasive treatment of kidney stones using Lithotripsy.
We also have an Eye Laser treatment facility on-site, as well as offering Pulmonary Function Tests, Allergy Testing and GI Function Tests, including 13C HeliobacterPylori Testing.
Tests and procedures in Day Therapy are carried out by Consultants based at Mater Private Network. Following your referral to the service, your appointment will be scheduled.
Day Case services include but are not limited to:
- Dental (extractions)
- Dermatological procedures
- ENT procedures
- Gastrointestinal (upper and lower diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy)
- General surgery (e.g. inguinal hernia repair, breast lumpectomy)
- Gynaecological procedures (e.g. Lletz procedure, hysteroscopy, D+C)
- Intravenous infusions
- Orthopaedic procedures (e.g. joint injection and carpal tunnel release)
- Pain management (e.g. epidurals, nerve block, facet injection)
- Plastic surgery
- Respiratory (therapeutic and diagnostic bronchoscopy)
- Urology (e.g. flexible and rigid cystoscopy, lithotripsy, uroflow)
- Vascular surgery (e.g. varicose vein ligation)
- Venesection for haemochromatosis (hepatology/gastroenterology)
Before attending our Day Therapy Centre, you will have been provided with any special instructions or requirements to follow in advance of your appointment.
This will include details regarding any medication you are currently taking, fasting guidelines, anaesthesia and assistance for getting home.
Please check these when making or confirming your appointment so that you are fully prepared in advance of your appointment.