Areas of Expertise
Dr. Shane Flood is a cardiologist with expertise in interventional and general cardiology. Dr. Flood received his medical degree from UCD. He completed his intern year at University Hospital Galway and thereafter a residency in internal medicine in the University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia. He subsequently undertook fellowships in cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Rhode Island. Dr. Flood’s interests include coronary artery disease, percutaneous coronary intervention, general, and preventive cardiology. He is US board-certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, echocardiography, and cardiac computed tomography.
- Coronary angiography
- Percutaneous coronary intervention
- Intravascular imaging and physiology
- Stress testing
- Transthoracic echocardiogram
- Transoesophageal echocardiogram
- CT coronary calcium scoring and angiography
- Loop recorder implant
- Urgent cardiac care
- BE (Mechanical), UCD, 2004.
- MB BCh BAO (Hons), UCD, 2013.
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2017.
- Diplomate, Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, 2020.
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2020.
- Diplomate, adult transthoracic plus transesophageal echocardiography, National Board of Echocardiography, 2021.
Mater Private Network offers a comprehensive range of services across all health areas and in a choice of locations. Have a look at our service list and if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us directly.Learn more