Areas of Expertise
Cataract surgery. Eyelid/oculoplastic surgery. Orbital and lacrimal surgery. Corneal and external eye diseases.
Education & Experience
Graduated from UCD in 1989.
Following his intern year, he undertook a Master’s in Medical Science in Anatomy in 1990 before commencing training in Ophthalmology in 1991.
Completed ophthalmology training programme in Ireland.
Completed two sub-specialty fellowships:
- Cornea and external eye disease (John Dart, Moorfields, London).
- Eyelid, lacrimal and orbital disease (Tim Sullivan, Brisbane).
Appointed as consultant ophthalmic surgeon at Mater, Mater Private and Beaumont Hospitals in Dublin in 2000 where he still works.
He is also an honorary consultant ophthalmic surgeon at Temple Street Children’s Hospital in Dublin.
President of the Irish College of Ophthalmologists (2021-2023).
- Cataract surgery.
- Eyelid surgery to include removal of eyelid lesions, peri-ocular skin cancers with eyelid reconstruction and disorders of eyelid position (ectropion, entropion, ptosis).
- Assessment of watering eyes including tear duct surgery.
- Management of orbital disorders including thyroid eye disease, orbital inflammatory diseases, and orbital tumours.
- Assessment of corneal and ocular surface disorders including corneal transplantation.
Mater Private Network offers a comprehensive range of services across all health areas and in a choice of locations. Have a look at our service list and if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us directly.Learn more