During your stay in our facilities, you have a number of rights, which we would like to make you aware of.
- We participate in the teaching of students. You have the right to refuse to participate in this. However, your co-operation would be important in view of the need to ensure that future doctors, nurses and allied health professionals obtain the best possible training.
- You have the right to seek a second opinion on diagnosis or treatment options. This should be arranged by your Consultant or GP.
- You have the right to access your own clinical records, according to our Hospital Policy.
- You have the right to be given a clear explanation of your condition / investigation, including risks and / or alternatives in so far as is possible.
- You have the right to complain about any aspect of hospital service, and to be informed of the outcome as quickly as possible.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of your care, please do not hesitate to tell a member of staff or the department / ward manager so that we can address your concerns.