Areas of Expertise
Oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery.
Education & Experience:
- Completed 11 years of postgraduate surgical training in Ireland under the RCSI.
- Clinical fellowship in breast surgery oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York.
- Travel fellowship in breast surgery to visit the European Institute of Oncology in Milan.
Special Interests :
Breast cancer surgery and breast reconstruction.
Clinical Research & Professional Memberships:
- 88 publications in national and international medical journals.
- Higher degree (M.D.) for breast cancer research awarded by RCSI / NUI.
- 28 presentations at national and international scientific meetings.
- Invited reviewer for the Cochrane Breast Cancer Group and for numerous National and International Medical Journals.
- Member of the Society of Irish Breast Surgeons and Oncoplastic Breast Consortium.
- Clinical lead of symptomatic breast service at the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital.
- Higher diploma in quality in healthcare.
- Breast surgery representative for the National Breast Tumour Group.
Mater Private Network offers a comprehensive range of services across all health areas and in a choice of locations. Have a look at our service list and if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us directly.Learn more