Dr. Ronan MargeyCardiology
Areas of Expertise
Cardiac catheterisation. Carotid artery disease. Coronary artery disease. Interventional cardiology. Peripheral artery disease. Structural heart disease. Valvular heart disease. Vein thrombosis.
Education & Experience
Originally from Letterkenny, Dr. Ronan Margey graduated from UCD in 2001 and undertook postgraduate medical training at Mater Misericordiae University Hospital in Dublin.
He completed higher specialist training in general cardiology at Beaumont Hospital and Mater University Hospital, and undertook an extensive period of post-graduate training in his sub-specialty interests of interventional cardiology, vascular disease and structural heart disease at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston.
He has a particular interest in novel interventional techniques to treat vascular and structural heart disease, in particular, trans-catheter aortic valve replacement technology. After completing his sub-specialty training, he was appointed consultant interventional cardiologist and director of both the Structural Heart and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Intervention Programs at Hartford Hospital, Connecticut.
He was assistant professor of Medicine at the University of Connecticut Medical School, Connecticut. He was a co-investigator on the early clinical trials of both current FDA approved transcatheter aortic valve devices.
His interests include coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease, venous thromboembolism, structural and valvular heart disease, adult congenital heart disease, and the full range of interventional therapies to treat these conditions.
- Carotid, aortic and supra-aortic vessel disease
- Cardioembolic stroke disease
- Clinical trials and medical device research
- Coronary artery disease
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Structural and adult congenital heart disease
- Sudden cardiac death and cardiac arrest
- Venous thromboembolism
- Valvular heart disease
- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with obstruction
- Catheter based therapies for peripheral arterial disease
- Catheter based therapies for obstructive venous and pulmonary embolic disease
- Catheter based therapies for valvular heart disease
- Catheter based therapies for paravalvular leak
- Catheter based therapies for hypertension
- Closure of intra-cardiac defects such as PFO/ASD/VSD/PDA
- Left atrial appendage exclusion
- Mitral and aortic valvuloplasty
- Percutaneous coronary intervention
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement
Mater Private Network offers a comprehensive range of services across all health areas and in a choice of locations. Have a look at our service list and if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us directly.Learn more