Our clinical expertise and innovative technologies used, support our mission to improve the health and well-being of the patients we are privileged to care for.
Your care is handled by a multi-disciplinary team of world class experts and specialists covering the full spectrum of cardiac conditions.
Our team of consultants also offer a high degree of sub-specialisation expertise to treat the widest range of heart problems. This ensures patients receive the most up-to-date and widest range of diagnostic and therapeutic options, individually tailored to their specific needs .
Your heart beats on average 60-100 beats per minute.
Many things such as exercise, anxiety and even caffeine can cause your pulse to change, creating a feeling of a flutter or palpitations in your chest.
A simple pulse check can be a way of identifying if your heart is beating in a slightly irregular pattern. This can indicate a more serious condition such as Atrial Fibrillation, a condition of which more than 40,000 people in Ireland currently suffer from.
To find out more about how to check your pulse, check out our Pulse Check page for further information.
- General Cardiovascular Services
· Acute Myocardial Infarction
· Cardiovascular Disease Screening and Risk Factor Management
· Cardioembolic Stroke Disease
· Carotid, Aortic and Supra – Aortic Vessel Disease
· Chest Pain / Acute Coronary Syndromes
· Clinical Trials and Medical Device Research
· Coronary Artery Disease
· Congestive Heart Failure
· Structural and Adult Congenital Heart Disease
· Sudden Cardiac Death Screening
· Sudden Cardiac Death and Cardiac Arrest
· Grown – Up Congenital Heart Disease
· Palpitations and Arrhythmia
· Peripheral Vascular Disease
· Valvular Heart Disease
· Venous Thromboembolic Disease
- Diagnostic Services
· Transoesophageal Echocardiography
· Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
· Holter and Event Recorders
· Implantable Loop Recorder
· Ambulatory BP Monitoring
· Treadmill Stress Testing
- Interventional Services
· Alcohol Septal Ablation for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy with Obstruction
· Cardiac Catheterization
· Catheter based Therapies for Peripheral Arterial Disease
· Catheter based Therapies for Obstructive Venous and Pulmonary Embolic Disease
· Catheter based Therapies for Valvular Heart Disease
· Catheter based Therapies for Paravalvular Leak
· Catheter based Therapies for Hypertension
· Elective Cardioversion for AF
· Left Atrial Appendage Exclusion
· Mitral and Aortic Valvuloplasty
· Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair
· Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
· Percutaneous Therapies for Peripheral Arterial and Venous Obstructive Disease
· Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (“stenting”)
· Percutaneous Closure of Intracardiac Defects such as ASD/VSD/PDA/PFO
In addition to the above, more complex procedures are also available at the Mater Private Heart & Vascular Centre in Dublin. Should a patient in the Mater Private Cork require such procedures, these can be carried out by their Cork Physician with the support of the Cardiology team at the Mater Private Dublin. All pre – and post – procedural care will be carried out at the Mater Private Cork.
- Urgent Cardiac Care
Our expert cardiology team are available when your patient needs us:
· Prompt and Comprehensive Assessment
· Rapid Access to Non-Invasive Cardiology Services
· Immediate Cath Lab Access if required
· Immediate Phone Triage by Cardiology Nurse Specialist
· Same-day Consultant Cardiologist Evaluation
Urgent Cardiac Care service is available Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm