Self Pay may be of interest to patients who:
- Don't have health insurance or are not adequately insured
- Are experiencing a long wait time for their specific treatment
- Need specialist care that is not available on their current plan or in other facilities
- Urgently need a diagnosis, test or procedure
How can I access the service?
Which treatments are available?
We have a wide range of treatments, diagnostics and procedures which we can give you a direct price for in both our Cork and Dublin hospitals, such as:
Whether you are ready to book an appointment or simply want more information, you will find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below.
- I want to know prices now, where can I find them?
If you would like to have more information about the price of your treatment simply call the Access to Care Team on 1800 80 42 22 or email email@example.com
You will need a procedure code (provided by your consultant) to get a guaranteed price for your treatment.
- What is meant by guaranteed fixed price to pay for my own treatment?
We offer a guaranteed fixed price for a wide range of treatments and procedures. The guaranteed price includes the procedure cost, professional fees, stay period, and testing associated with the procedure quoted. We aim to remove your risk and cover you for your treatment. Should you need to be readmitted within 28 days of your discharge to the hospital with trouble related to your procedure this is covered. If there is a secondary procedure that cannot be avoided and only comes to light in theatre, you are covered. Our guaranteed price offers you the comfort to proceed with your treatment without undue concern for the unknown financial implications. (Terms and conditions apply to all statements).
Fixed price quotes for treatments and procedures are only guaranteed if:
- They are received from our Access to Care Team contactable on 1800 80 42 22 or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- They have been received by email from the Access to Care Team.
- The treatment or the procedure takes place within three months of the issued date of the guaranteed price.
- How do I book in for my treatment or procedure?
When you are happy to proceed all you need do is contact your consultants secretary to arrange a procedure date.
If you have not seen a consultant yet please refer to our Same Day Consultant Appointments service, you can find more information here. We will make sure you are seen as quickly as possible.
- Do I need to have a referral from my Consultant Specialist?
We offer pricing for all procedures in the hospital but a guaranteed price will need a specific procedure code. These codes are provided by your consultant specialist.
If you don’t know your procedure code or if you have not seen a consultant yet please refer to our Same Day Consultant Appointments service, you can find more information here. We will make sure you are seen as quickly as possible.
- How is the payment handled?
Payment methods accepted when paying for your own treatment include:
- Bank transfer
- Debit \ credit card
- Mater Private pay your bill online
- By cheque or bank draft
Payment must be made at least seven days prior to the booked procedure date.
You might be entitled to claim tax relief on medical expenses you pay for yourself. Please contact your local revenue office for any further assistance.
Visit revenue.ie to download the MED 1 claim form.
- I am unsure about treatment and would like more information. Where can I get it?