Published Wednesday, June 24th, 2020 at 10:11 am
From 1st July the Mater Private Hospital Dublin will return to offering a comprehensive range of services to GPs and patients.
(For Mater Private Hospital Cork service update please click here)
Protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff remains our priority. We have adapted the way we provide care and services, while ensuring social distancing, infection control and enhanced safety measures are in place. Prior to arrival at the hospital, all patients with an appointment will be contacted by telephone for screening. Additional screening will take place on arrival.
Due to social distancing and the high volume of patients, we kindly ask patients to adhere to the allocated appointment time. Please allow some additional time to be screened before entering the hospital for your appointment.
Please find below information about our services - this will continue to be updated over the coming weeks.
URGENT CARDIAC CARE: Call 1800 247 999
- Open 24/7 for patients with urgent cardiac symptoms
- Walk-in service, with or without a GP referral
- 24/7 nurse-led telephone support operating as normal: 1800 247 999
CARDIOLOGY OUTPATIENT APPOINTMENTS: Call 1800 20 05 50 for any queries
RAPID ACCESS CLINICS: resuming as normal
- Endoscopy: 1800 22 23 33
- Retinal Eye: 01 885 8392
- Ortho Spine: 1800 38 52 85
- Prostate: 1800 22 23 33
- Colposcopy: 01 885 8855
DEPARTMENTS/CLINICS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Health Check
- Emergency Department
RADIOLOGY: CALL 01 885 8172/8174
- Services will resume as normal
DAY ONCOLOGY AND RADIOTHERAPY
- Services will resume as normal. Phone: 01 8858888
- Services will resume as normal. Phone: 01 8858621 or email email@example.com
- Eye Laser – no GP referral necessary
- Operating as normal for in-patient and out-patient referrals
- GP referrals accepted via Healthlink or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All outreach clinics are operating as normal
- Navan: Call 046 907 9510 for queries and appointments
- Drogheda: Call 041 983 0464 for queries and appointments
- Mullingar: Call 044 983 5370 for queries and appointments
- E-referrals can be sent for all specialties via healthlink or directly to Ereferrals@materprivate.ie. Please contact the specific departments should you wish to refer in an alternative way.
- Visa Clinic will resume on a restricted basis.
- Aeromedical service is operating as normal. Phone: 01 885 8615 or email email@example.com
Virtual clinics (incl. Video Consultations) will continue to be available for most specialties, and will be offered as an option to patients for whom it may be appropriate. This will be assessed in collaboration between the patient and their medical team, and on a case by case basis.
VISITOR ACCESS TO MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL
All Mater Private hospitals are currently closed to visitors. Access at this time is limited solely to staff and patients.
For visits to palliative care patients, please contact Reception at your respective hospital. You will be directed to a senior staff member who will review the request for access on a case by case basis. In exceptional cases, visitors may be granted access to the Hospital. It is also important to note that in such cases visitors may be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect the hospital’s vulnerable patient population. These restrictions are designed to provide the best and safest care for our entire patient population and staff at this time. We thank you for your co-operation.
For enquiries about Visiting Hours and Criteria, please call your respective Mater Private Reception:
- Dublin: 01 885 8888
- Cork: 021 601 3200
- Limerick: 061 425 901
All in-patients in Mater Private hospitals have a direct dial telephone by which family and friends can contact their loved one. We actively encourage family and friends to contact in-patients by using these landlines, or through the use of mobile phone telephone or video calling apps (such as Face Time, WhatsApp video calling, etc.) until these visiting restrictions are lifted.
Anyone who has had exposure to a confirmed case in the last 14 days and has symptoms should:
- Follow HSE advice on www.hse.ie
- Phone their GP or Emergency services on 112 or 999
- For further information call HSELIVE on 1850 24 1850
We appreciate your cooperation at this time.
It is important to note that Mater Private are not a designated receiving hospital for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) cases, and that in line with the latest guidelines from the HSE/HSPC, any suspected cases presenting to the hospital will be notified to Public Health.