Published Monday, May 25th, 2020 at 10:00 am
Last updated: 25th May 2020 - 4:15pm
In response to the evolving situation in relation to SARS-CoV-2 infections and COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the following measures have been temporarily put in place for the clinical activities of the Department of Cardiology at Mater Private Hospital Dublin. The aim of these measures is to maintain service provision to patients in need and to prepare the Hospital to meet the prioritized needs of the overall Healthcare system over the forthcoming weeks and months.
URGENT CARDIAC CARE: Call 1800 247 999
- This service is open to all patients, with a referral
- An appointment is now required; the walk-in service is suspended
- UCC continues to operate from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- The 24/7 nurse-led telephone support (1800 247 999) is operating as normal
CARDIOLOGY OUTPATIENT APPOINTMENTS: Call 1800 200 550 for any queries
- GP referrals to our Cardiology Department are operating as normal
- This service is open to all patients
- All out-patient consultation appointments will be triaged by the treating Consultant
HEART FAILURE/WARFARIN: Call 1800 200 550 for any queries
- Patients with Heart Failure will be offered a telephone consultation in the first instance
- INR/Warfarin clinic appointments are operating as normal
DAY ONCOLOGY AND RADIOTHERAPY
- Currently operating as normal
PHLEBOTOMY: Patient needs referral letter
- Walk in service 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday
- Currently operating as normal
RADIOLOGY: Urgent referrals must be clearly marked as urgent
- Urgent referrals will be prioritised for appointments
- General x-ray referrals are now accepted.
- Currently the Radiology Department is not operating as a walk-in service
- All routine referrals will be processed as soon as possible
- Pain injections and the DEXA service are currently suspended
OTHER SPECIALTIES: Urgent referrals will be prioritised for appointments.
(E-Referral recommended for all referrals)
- Clinical Physiology
- TAC Clinic
DEPARTMENTS/CLINICS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Emergency Department
- The Eccles Clinic
NAVAN/DROGHEDA/MULLINGAR CLINICS: Call 046 907 9510 for any queries
- Cardiology clinics operating as normal
- Please call in relation to all other specialties
- ENT clinics operating as normal in Drogheda Clinic, Crosslanes
- Ophthalmology clinic operating as normal in Navan Clinic, Bedford Medical Centre
- Virtual Clinics (incl. Video Consultations) are in operation for most Specialities and by most Consultants in Mater Private at this time; please contact Hospital Reception (01) 885 8888 or your Consultant Secretary for further details.
UPCOMING SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS AND ELECTIVE SURGERY - UPDATE:
Mater Private is currently working in conjunction with the Department of Health and the HSE to finalise a framework agreement in order to provide assistance in meeting the increasing needs of the overall healthcare service in the country at this time.
As some appointments and procedures may be postponed at this time, we would ask that patients contact their Consultant’s Secretary to confirm their appointment in advance of presenting to the Hospital. Consultant Secretaries may be contacted through Reception on (01) 885 8888 (put in the that the contact details are on the website?). We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL SITES CLOSED TO VISITORS:
Access to all Mater Private facilities is presently closed to visitors. Access at this time is limited solely to Staff and Patients.
For visits to Palliative Care Patients, we ask at this time to please contact Reception at your respective Hospital. You will be directed to a senior staff member who will review the request for access on a case by case basis. In exceptional cases, visitors may be granted access to the Hospital. It is also important to note that in such cases visitors may be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect the Hospital’s vulnerable patient population. These restrictions are designed to provide the best and safest care for our entire patient population and staff at this time. We thank you for your co-operation.
For enquiries about Visiting Hours and Criteria, please call your respective Mater Private Reception:
- Dublin: 01 885 8888
- Cork: 021 601 3200
- Limerick: 061 425 901
- Clatterbridge: 0044 151 668 0647
All inpatients in Mater Private have a direct dial telephone by which family and friends can contact their loved one. We would actively encourage family and friends to contact inpatients by using these landlines, or through the use of mobile phone telephone or video calling apps (such as Face Time, WhatsApp video calling, etc.) until these visiting restrictions are lifted.
Anyone who has had exposure to a confirmed case in the last 14 days and has symptoms should:
- Follow HSE advice on www.hse.ie
- Phone their GP or Emergency services on 112 or 999
- For further information call HSELIVE on 1850 24 1850
We appreciate your cooperation at this time, thank you.
It is important to note that Mater Private are not a designated receiving hospital for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) cases, and that in line with the latest guidelines from the HSE/HSPC, any suspected cases presenting to the hospital will be notified to Public Health.