Published Thursday, May 7th, 2020 at 09:30 am
Last updated: 7th May 2020 - 11:30am
In response to the evolving situation in relation to the SARS-CoV-2 infections and COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the following measures have been temporarily put in place for clinical activities at the Mater Private Cork. The aim of these measures is to maintain service provision to patients in need and to prepare the hospital to meet the prioritized needs of the overall Healthcare system over the forthcoming weeks and months.
If you are a GP please contact 1800 111 123, a 24/7 service for urgent referrals and clinical queries. You may also contact Avril Coleman, GP Liaison Manager, on 086 384 3034 with any queries.
URGENT CARDIAC CARE: Call 021 601 3333
- UCC continues to operate from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- This service is open to ALL patients, with a referral, at no charge
- Patients are triaged by telephone, in consultation with the on-duty Cardiologist
- Should patients require urgent care, arrangements will be made to bring them in
- Should patients not require urgent care, they will be offered a clinic appointment
- Please call 021 601 3333 and select Option 2 to contact Urgent Cardiac Care at the Mater Private Cork
CARDIOLOGY OUTPATIENTS APPOINTMENTS
- GP Referrals to our Cardiology Department continue to operate as normal
- This is service is open to ALL patients, at no charge
- All outpatients consultation appointments will be triaged by the treating consultation
- Patients who require in-person Cardiologist assessment will given an appointment
HEART FAILURE CLINIC
- Heart Failure patients will be offered a phone consultation in the first instance and where clinically indicated an appointment in person will be arranged.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Department of Cardiology on 021 601 3258
- Ophthalmology clinics operating as normal. Please contact 021 601 3200 for more information.
- Endoscopy are seeing urgent patients only at this time. Please contact 021 601 3200 for more information.
- Gynaecology are operating a restricted service schedule please contact Prof Barry O’Reilly’s secretary on 021 601 3387.
- Virtual clinics (incl. Video Consultations) are in operation for most specialities. Please contact the Consultant’s Secretary for further details.
Mater Private Cork are currently working in conjunction with the Department of Health and the HSE to finalise a framework agreement in order to provide assistance in meeting the increasing needs of the overall healthcare service in the country at this time.
As some appointments and procedures may be postponed, we would ask that patients contact their Consultant Secretary to confirm their appointment in advance of presenting to the Hospital. Consultant Secretaries may be contacted through Reception on 021 601 3200.
For information on all other services please also contact Mater Private Cork Reception on 021 601 3200
We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.