At the Mater Private, we offer a comprehensive service for patients with ocular adnexal diseases. We have a number of Surgeons highly trained in all aspects of eyelid, lacrimal and orbital disease.
The management of eyelid disorders includes:
- removal of benign eyelid lesions
- removal of peri-ocular skin cancers (with intra-operative frozen section margin control, and complex eyelid reconstructive procedures)
- surgical correction for eyelid malpositions (including ectropion, entropion and ptosis)
The management of lacrimal disorders includes:
- comprehensively assessing the lacrimal outflow passages
- a range of surgical options for patients who are symptomatic with watering eyes.
The management of orbital disorders includes investigation and treatment of patients with:
- orbital tumours
- orbital infection
- thyroid eye disease
- trauma artificial eyes.
The management of these conditions often requires a multidisciplinary approach. This can be achieved by our close links with other allied services within the Mater Private, including Radiology, Histopathology, Microbiology, Endocrinology, Oncology and Radiation Oncology.