There are many things you can worry about when your child is leaving.
At the Mater Private Diabetes and Endocrine Centre you can be assured your son or daughter will be cared for and supported by an expert team of health care professionals.
Our Young Adult programme supports the transitioning from the home / paediatric setting to a more independent lifestyle
The Young Adult Taking Control
Our Young Adult Programme is specifically designed to support young people in the transition to independently managing their own diabetes care.
This programme features ongoing support and backup of our experienced team.
Whether you are starting college, away from home or simply looking to take more control your condition as you step into the adult life – we are here to help you along this journey!
Who is it for?
- Young adults, aged 16 years and older looking for specialist support as they move away from home to commence their studies / new career.
What are the key benefits of this programme?
What's included in the Programme?
- Consultant Endocrinologist – consultation, assessment, management and treatment plan
- Diabetes Nurse Specialist – personalised education and support to achieve good diabetes control and management
- Diabetes Dietitian – relevant information and support on all aspects of diabetes and diet.
- One Follow-up review with the Diabetes Nurse or Dietitian as required
- Ongoing support by phone and email as often as necessary.