A key focus of the Orthopaedic & Spine centre is the integration and personalised care for sport and exercise related injuries, along with rheumatologic conditions, bone health and osteoporosis.
There are strong links with the Diagnostic Imaging Centre, Orthopaedics and other specialties in the Hospital.
The range of services provided include the following:
- Sports injury and rehabilitation programs – acute and chronic
- Rapid access assessments of shoulder, hip, knee, neck and back pain
- Bone health and osteoporosis
- Occupational musculoskeletal injuries, disorders and conditions
- Early arthritis assessment
- Arthritis screening and prevention
- Pre-season and pre-participation physical examinations, coordination of conditioning, training, and rehabilitative programmes
- Exercise promotion and prescription
- Inflammatory back clinic – (Ankylosing Spondylitis and Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy)
- Geriatric rheumatology
- Medico legal assessments, investigations and opinions on musculoskeletal and occupational related injuries and disorders
- Provide access to appropriate Interventional Radiology and Orthopaedic specialty and subspecialty expertise
- Design pre-operative exercise and conditioning programs to optimize post-operative recovery and return to optimal and early full mobility and function