What is Day Therapy?
A wide range of day case procedures are carried out in our Day Therapy department including:
- Day Case Surgery
- Medical Investigations
- Endoscopic Investigations
- Minor Theatre Cases
- Pain Management
- Non-invasive treatment of kidney stones using Lithotripsy.
We also have a world leading Eye Laser treatment facility on site, as well as offering Pulmonary Function Tests, Allergy Testing and GI Function Tests, including 13C HeliobacterPylori Testing.
Tests and procedures in Day Therapy are carried out by Consultants based at the Mater Private. Following your referral to the service, your appointment will be scheduled by your Consultant's secretary
Day Case Services include but are not limited to:
- Dental (extractions)
- Dermatological procedures
- ENT procedures
- Gastrointestinal (upper and lower diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy)
- General surgery (e.g. inguinal hernia repair, breast lumpectomy)
- Gynaecological procedures (e.g. Lletz procedure, colposcopy, hysteroscopy, D+C)
- Intravenous infusions
- Orthopaedic procedures (e.g. joint injection and carpal tunnel release)
- Pain management (e.g. epidurals, nerve block, facet injection)
- Plastic surgery
- Respiratory (therapeutic and diagnostic bronchoscopy)
- Urology (e.g. flexible and rigid cystoscopy, lithotripsy, uroflow)
- Vascular surgery (e.g. varicose vein ligation)
- Venesection for haemochromatosis (hepatology/gastroenterology)
Prior to Admission
Before attending our Day Therapy Unit, you will have been provided with any special instructions or requirements to follow in advance of your appointment. This will include details regarding any medication you are currently taking, fasting guidelines, anaesthesia and assistance for getting home. Please check these when making or confirming your appointment so that you are fully prepared in advance of your appointment.
Insurance and Pricing
Many insurance plans offer 100% cover for day case procedures at the Mater Private.
Insurance cover can be complex. The simplest thing to do is once you have your referral, if you know the name of your procedure, call us directly with the name of your plan to check what lever of cover it provides. We will advise you if there is any shortfall or excess on your plan before you make or accept your appointment.
With the changes in the insurance market – new providers, new plans – it is advisable to double check the name of your plan before you call us.
Insurance Cover Checkline: 01 885 8856