If you live in the United Kingdom and are currently on a waiting list for orthopaedic or spine surgery through an NHS Healthcare Trust or HSC Board then you may be eligible for the Cross Border Directive. The Cross Border Directive allows a patient to travel to another EU country and receive care in that country, which is paid for initially by the patient and refunded by the NHS.
- Initial surgical consultation will not have any cost
- Fixed price guaranteed and pre-approved by the NHS
- Expert consultant surgeons with extensive training in prestigious international training centres
- The highest quality medical back up including full cardiology and intensive care back up - making it one of the safest hospitals for patients undergoing major operations.
Consultation appointments for Orthopaedics are now available in our Drogheda Outreach Clinic.
For further information regarding Mater Private’s Cross Border Directive or to book an appointment please contact us:
Queries from the UK call 0345 939 0001
Queries from Republic of Ireland call 1800 80 42 22.
For queries from the UK or Republic of Ireland email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and telephone number to request a call-back
"Staff at the Mater Private were so supportive and engaging that I felt completely informed and reassured about my treatment options. Once I decided to go ahead with the operation, I was quickly seen to without fuss or delay. The post-op care and attention I received also greatly helped with the speed of my recovery to which I am grateful."
- George Colclough from Belfast