The patient is at the centre of our ethos; our values were built on the solid foundation of the caring work of the founders the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital in 1861, and with whom the Mater Private Hospital to this day continues to share its Eccles Street campus. This patient–centered vision will always be at the core of our work and development.
The group currently consists of a private hospital in Eccles Street providing both day case and inpatient services with 7 Operating Theatres and a 9 bedded ICU; two public/private joint ventures – the Mid-Western Radiation Oncology Centre in Limerick and the Mater PETCT Centre in Dublin; a new state of the art hospital in Cork; and outpatient clinics in Drogheda, Navan and Sligo.
In 2013 the Mater Private became the first Irish Hospital to provide clinical services in the UK. The Clatterbridge Clinic, operated by the Mater Private, provides radiotherapy and chemotherapy to private patients at the Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust.
- Why Choose Us?
At the Mater Private we continually pursue an exciting and challenging agenda. We invest in the right people to help us achieve this.
Our training and development team work across the hospital to ensure all of our staff are fully trained, both creating in-house courses and providing support for those requiring external specialist training. We want to work with you to provide training and development opportunities to further your professional growth.
Communications Skills Programme
This programme, designed to help you evaluate and enhance your own communication and interpersonal skills looks at active listening, overcoming communication barriers and ways in which communication can help you manage challenging behaviours. You will learn about our Core Values and their impact on the patient experience.
Supporting Nursing Professionals
The hospital will provide financial support for nurses undertaking relevant courses across all specialties(subject to prior approval and business requirements), and encourage attendance at relevant conferences / seminars. Study leave is in line with HSE guidelines.
We have a wide range of in-service courses to enhance existing skills such as Chemotherapy, Cardiac Arrhythmia, Pain Study and Early Warning Scores.
An Oncology Nursing Scholarship was established in 2012 and is administered in partnership with UCD. It provides an opportunity for oncology nurses to secure a scholarship to cover full tuition fees for a part time MSc or post graduate programme at UCD School of Nursing.
Supporting Healthcare Professionals
The hospital offers financial assistance for career and professional development to support a wide variety of organisational priorities as well as personal development.
Development & Management Programme
As an employee of the Mater Private you will have access to our in-house management development programme. Working with the Irish Management Institute we have developed a 12 month programme covering topics such as Strategy, Marketing, Finance, Leadership, Change Management, Six Sigma/Quality. Through a combination of blended learning and hospital project work we have created a framework for staff to realize their full potential.
- Nursing Recruitment Open DaysAt our Nursing Recruitment Open Days in Dublin and Cork, you will have the opportunity to meet the team, find out what it is like to work at the Mater Private Hospital, take a look at our facilities and chat about the opportunities we have for you in nursing.We currently have a wide range of opportunities available for nurses with relevant experience and we are actively recruiting.With the Mater Private you can progress your career, working in a dynamic and patient focused team, at Ireland’s leading private hospital.To register your interest in our next open day in Dublin or Cork, please contact:DublinKathryn McBride, Human ResourcesTel: 01 885 8760.Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgCorkHuman Resources DepartmentEmail: email@example.com.
- Graduate Nurse Programme
You worked hard for your Nursing Degree.
Now get it working for you.
Graduate Nurse Programme - Commencing Monthly in 2017
Here at the Mater Private Hospital your Nursing qualification means so much more. For a start, the salary paid to those on our one-year New Graduate Nurse Programme is the 2nd point of the Staff Nurse Scale. You’ll also gain valuable experience, with opportunities to rotate through three of the hospital’s specialties. Throughout the year, you’ll be encouraged to keep learning, and you’ll be supported every step of the way. What’s more, once you’re accepted for this programme, you’ll be given a permanent contract. Welcome to our nursing team!
About the programme
- Generous starting salary: 2nd point of the Staff Nurse Scale.
- Three rotation placements
- Permanent contract – 1st year is on the graduate programme
What we include:
- Lectures from MPH clinical nurse specialists
- Mater Private documentation & admission process
- Initial supernumerary period in assigned clinical area
Mater Private areas of expertise:
- Oncology & Haematology
- B.Sc. in General Nursing
- Registered with NMBI
- 2 Clinical References
Send your CV to Kathryn McBride (Human Resources)
Tel: 01 885 8692