Published Thursday, March 14th, 2019 at 09:42 am
The Resuscitation Training Officer (RTO) will be responsible for the co-ordination and management of the Resuscitation Service for the Mather Private Hospital. The post holder will act as an expert in resuscitation providing advice on all aspects of resuscitation training education.
A core responsibility will be the supervision and training of staff in identification and response to prevent cardiac arrest and provision of guidance on general resuscitation issues in line with service priorities and national/local strategy. The Resuscitation Training officer will work collaboratively to promote innovation, high standards of practice, patient care and safety. He/she must demonstrate excellent work practices and act as a role model to educate others through coaching, mentoring and clinical expertise. The post holder will participate as a liaison on local and regional resuscitation committees as required by the service.
The role is based in Dublin, with responsibility for Mater Private Cork and our Outreach centres.
- Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- 5 Years post registration experience in the speciality area of Resuscitation, ICU, CCU, ED or related area
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of experience including frontline experience in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation as relevant to the role.
- Current Basic Life Support Providers course & Basic Life Support Instructor Certificate
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Providers course & ACLS instructor course affiliated to the Irish Heart Foundation
- Current Paediatric Advanced Life Support Providers Course & Paediatric Advanced Life Support Instructors Course.
Job Descriptions available from HR, Kathryn McBride, T: 01 885 8692 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit copy of CV to email@example.com no later than close of business on 29th March 2019.
THE MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER