Published Monday, December 9th, 2019 at 13:18 pm
Due to the on-going expansion of our Hospital, we are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer and Risk Co-Ordinator, on a full-time basis, for a permanent opportunity.
Duties within the role include :
- Lead and champion the Health and Safety function and assist with further developing our Culture of Safety and Behavioural Standards.
- Develop and implement the Risk Strategy / Risk Assessment Programme, Incident Management structure and Emergency Disaster Planning.
- Provide knowledge and advice on fire prevention, security management, management of hazardous material, safety management and be competent in carrying out safety auditing.
- Maintain the hospital safety statement and risk management system in accordance with new legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- Maintain and update the Hospital Risk register and be responsible for daily incident management and assigning actions and follow up via our electronic incident management system.
- JCI (Joint Commission International) Accreditation – Ensure the hospital meets standards and measurable elements of the Facilities Management and Safety (FMS) standard.
- Develop hospital policies, standard operating procedures and plans.
- You will represent the hospital as the team lead on all health and safety related committees and liaise with the Occupational Health RN to identify and manage risks associated with staff and patient safety involving Accident, Incident & Near Miss Investigation & Root Cause Analysis.
- Chair of the Incident Management and Review Team to ensure satisfactory close out of incidents.
- Lead out on Emergency Disaster Planning & Hazardous Substances and all Health and safety related training for the organization.
- Maintain hospital Chemical Database and ensure annual assessment and reviews of MSDS’s.
- Contractor safety management and induction, and lead out on the safety management of new projects or building and facility upgrades.
- Degree level Qualification in Safety, Health and Welfare.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Safety, Health and Welfare legislation, standards, codes of practice and experience of their application.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal and Organisational Skills are essential for this role.
- Previous health, safety and risk management experience in a JCI accredited healthcare environment is desirable but not essential. Candidates with manufacturing or construction health & safety experience will also be considered .
- You must demonstrate skills as an effective change agent and have competent project management skills
- Excellent IT skills, numeracy skills, and focus on attention to detail and a team player.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Self- starter and capable of working independently.
Applications or Enquiries can be made in confidence to Evelyn Leonard in the HR Department, or by e-mail to Evelyn.Leonard@materprivate.ie
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications is Monday December 16th 2019.
Mater Private Cork is committed to a policy of equal opportunities.