Published Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 at 10:12 am
The Mater Private Network are seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Employee Relations Specialist to join our Dublin HR Team.
This challenging role is responsible for coordinating and delivering an Employee Relations and Absence Management service for the Mater Private Hospital.
The successful candidate will act as the point of contact for managers and other personnel to provide advice and support on all employee relations issues. The Employee Relations Officer will help to ensure a fair and consistent approach to the hospital’s policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive ER culture within the organisation and minimizing risks.
- To advise, guide and support managers with all matters relation to employee relations ensuring all aspects of advice delivered is legally and company compliant.
- Effective case management of people related issues such as: disciplinary, grievance and absence management.
- Developing effective relationships with the business to promote good working employee relations across the organization.
- Liaising with external bodies to monitor trends in employment practices and advising on appropriate proactive action.
- Developing, improving and implementing policies in conjunction with legislation and company changes.
- Providing advice and guidance on disciplinary and welfare cases, capability, grievance and coaching managers where appropriate.
- Ensuring all avenues to employee communication and employee problem solving are kept open and effective.
- To work with the HR Director and Senior Management of the hospital to organize, manage and implement the hospital’s strategic plans to enhance employee communications and engagement.
- Develops and implements programs to effectively communicate the organization’s key messages to the employee population.
- Analyse and share key HR data relating to absence to help inform management and the HR agenda.
- Support the business identify/diagnose trends and address emerging problems before they significantly impact the business.
- Ensure absence management interventions are timely and aligned with the organisations policies.
- Guide and coach line managers where escalation of absence management is required. Ensure best practice is followed and that all line managers have appropriate training to manage this responsibility.
- Contribute towards establishing timely and effective absence reporting capability.
- 3-4 years experience in Employee Relations
- Previous experience in the Health Care Sector would be an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of best practice in employee relations
- Must possess exceptional organisational and administration skills
- Good understanding of employment legislation with proven experience guiding managers and staff on same
- Strong experience in maintaining and developing positive employee relations
- Collaborative and flexible approach to working in a team
- Excellent communicator with solutions oriented approach to dealing with multi-faceted challenges
For further details on this role please call Kathryn McBride, Human Resources Department, 01 8858692 or email email@example.com
Application is by CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date is 16th April 2021.
THE MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER