Mater Private Network offers opportunities at all levels. With us, you can progress your career, work with a dynamic and patient-focused team, and become an integral part of Ireland’s leading private hospital network.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking talented and ambitious individuals to join our highly skilled team. Please see our list of current vacancies for further information.
Clinical Specialist Respiratory Physiotherapist
Applications are invited to apply for the position of clinical specialist respiratory physiotherapist.
This is a full-time position, with Flexible working hours and conditions.
Possess a university qualification in physiotherapy such as the Bachelor in Physiotherapy (Hons) degree from the National University of Ireland or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of five years post qualification experience.
- To show initiative and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team with a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in intensive care / acute respiratory essential.
- Clinical specialist physiotherapist.
Purpose of post
- To manage the respiratory services provided by the physiotherapy department, ensuring that standards are maintained, including training of physiotherapy staff and maintenance of equipment. The services include ICU and acute respiratory - cardiorespiratory and surgical and advice and education to colleagues in other areas providing respiratory input.
- To provide services to patients to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability based on the physiotherapist assessment, diagnostic planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Under the general direction of the physiotherapy services manager, is responsible for education of staff, patients, other health care personnel regarding physiotherapy services and issues.
- Contribute to development of department budget and services and represent department on hospital committees.
- Develop appropriate protocols in the area to ensure that assessments and treatments are in line with current best practice.
Job description available on request.
MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER