Mater Private Network offers opportunities at all levels. With us, you can progress your career, work with a dynamic and patient-focused team, and become an integral part of Ireland’s leading private hospital network.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking talented and ambitious individuals to join our highly skilled team. Please see our list of current vacancies for further information.
Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist in Oncology
Mater Private Network are seeking to recruit a clinical specialist occupational therapist in oncology.
This is a full-time or part-time position. Flexible working hours will be considered.
- Be registered, or be eligible for registration, on the Physiotherapists Register maintained by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU.
- Have five years full-time (or equivalent) post qualification clinical experience of which four years full-time (or equivalent) must be consecutive in the required area of specialism.
- Demonstrate a proven record of clinical excellence in the specialism.
- Professional development and practice candidates must demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development relevant to the required area of specialism, in the form of post-graduate qualifications or relevant courses.
- Candidates must demonstrate achievement in the areas of clinical audit, quality improvement initiatives, practice development, teaching and research.
- Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability, management, leadership and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
- Provide proof of statutory registration on the Physiotherapists Register maintained by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU before a contract of employment can be issued by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU.
The senior occupational therapist will play a lead role in the delivery of a responsive service to the clinical area of oncology in the in-patient and out-patient setting and will contribute to the continued development of this specialist area.
- To be responsible for the assessment and treatment of clients referred to the service in line with departmental and best practice guidelines.
- To coordinate and plan for the day-to-day management and delivery of occupational therapy services to this client group.
- To participate as required in the provision of service to other clinical areas in the wider hospital setting.
- To maintain effective liaison with other multi-disciplinary team members by attending relevant meetings and through verbal and written reporting.
- To collaborate effectively with clients, their families and carers in goal setting, treatment planning and discharge planning.
- To liaise with the relevant community agencies regarding the clients’ post discharge care.
- To critically evaluate interventions and ensure the service implements evidence-based practice.
- To participate in regular standard setting, outcome measurement, clinical audit, and research.
Job description available on request.
MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER