Published Friday, June 26th, 2020 at 15:32 pm
In view of the current situation regarding COVID-19 it is recognised that existing commitments may have changed at short notice; we are therefore pleased to announce that funding is available for a two-year Clinical Research Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology working towards an MD, commencing in August 2020 for a 2 year period.
The Cardiovascular Research Institute Dublin (CVRI Dublin) is a recently established research institute in the Mater Private Hospital Dublin and a collaboration with the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI). The CVRI Dublin is affiliated to the Heart and Vascular Centre in the Mater Private Hospital, which is home to the largest group of specialist and sub-specialist Cardiology Consultants in Ireland. The Heart & Vascular Centre is focused on the delivery of high quality patient centered clinical care with particular interest in complex coronary interventions, structural heart interventions, electrophysiology and cardiac imaging. Its vision is to be ranked as one of the leading Cardiovascular Disease (CvD) departments in Europe.
The CVRI Dublin’s mission is to advance heart health through patient-centered clinical research.
The CVRI Dublin is led by Professor Robert Byrne, a recognised expert in this field. It is structured around 4 key work areas: Outcomes Research, Clinical Trials, Core Lab and Systematic Review.
The CVRI Dublin focuses on:
- Patient-focused research (Public Patient Involvement – PPI);
- Independent / investigator-initiated research;
- Outcomes-based research and Innovations in medical device therapy.
• Applicants must be registered in the Register of Medical Practitioners, maintained by the Medical Council of Ireland, in accordance with the Medical Practitioners Act 2007 or equivalent.
• Applicants must commit to completing a two-year MD through the RCSI.
• Applicants must have significant experience of working in Cardiology.
• It is desirable that applicants have scientific publications / abstracts in the field of interventional cardiology, cardiology, vascular biology.
For enquiries and applications, please send full CV to Professor Robert Byrne, Director of Cardiology, Mater Private Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday July 17th 2020.