Published Friday, January 26th, 2018 at 13:27 pm
As part of our continuing expansion, we are currently inviting applications from experienced RGN’s who are ready to move into a challenging and exciting role within the Mater Private Hospital, Cork.
As a member of the nurse management team the post of CNM II holds a pivotal role in the coordination and management of activity and resources within the clinical area. As a role model the CNM II will promote a culture of open communication and best practice in the delivery of nursing care, providing clinical expertise, advice and support within the multi-professional team. Responsibilities also include resource management, management of patient care, staffing and staff development, facilitating communication and professional/clinical leadership.
- Registration with NMBI
- Demonstrable commitment to patient Safety & Quality
- Minimum 5 years post graduate acute care nursing experience
- Minimum 1 years experience in a people management role (CNM1 position or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of contemporary nursing practice and skills
- Ability to make decisions with excellent organisational skills
- Proven leadership and change management skills
- Preceptorship qualification and experience
- Management qualification desirable
- ACLS course completed and up to date
- Previous experience in managing high turnover daycase procedures
Applications should be made in writing or by e-mail by Friday February 16th 2018 to Evelyn Leonard, HR Department: Evelyn.Leonard@materprivate.ie
Mater Private Cork is committed to a policy of equal opportunities.
External Candidates may also be considered for this role.