Published Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 at 17:08 pm
Vacancy : Clinical Dietitian (Flexible part-time hours)
As part of our continuing expansion, we are currently inviting applications for an experienced Dietitian who is ready to move into a new and exciting role with the Mater Private Hospital, Cork.
The Clinical Dietitian will assess the nutritional status of patients, determine individual nutritional requirements and formulate a plan of care to meet these nutritional requirements. The Clinical Dietitian will provide education for patients and carers on nutrition support and/or special dietary interventions appropriate to their plan of care.
- A University degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or an equivalent qualification.
- Be a member of, or entitled to be a member of the Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute – the professional body for dietitians in Ireland.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the multi-disciplinary team (medical, nursing and other allied health professionals) to provide optimum patient care.
- Experience in providing advice/education in the nutrition in a Clinical setting
- Demonstrable commitment to patient Safety & Quality
- Ability to make decisions with excellent organisational skills
Applications by CV to Evelyn Leonard in Human Resources at Evelyn.Leonard@materprivate.ie no later than Friday January 25th 2019.
Informal enquiries to Joan Fahy, Nurse Practise Development Co-Ordinator at 021-6013200
Mater Private, Cork is committed to a policy of equal opportunities.