Mater Private Network offers opportunities at all levels. With us, you can progress your career, work with a dynamic and patient-focused team, and become an integral part of Ireland’s leading private hospital network.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking talented and ambitious individuals to join our highly skilled team. Please see our list of current vacancies for further information.
Chief Medical Scientist Haematology
Mater Private Network is Ireland’s fastest growing private hospital. Here, at Mater Private Network, we take pride in being at the cutting edge of private healthcare in Ireland. We are a JCI accredited Hospital and ISO 15189 accredited laboratory.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a keen interest in management, quality and accreditation.
The successful candidate will provide leadership to a team of scientists in the laboratory and be responsible for the provision of an efficient, effective accredited laboratory service for the patients of the Mater Private Dublin.
Candidate requirements - mandatory criteria
- Possess a qualification approved by the Medical Scientists Registration Board at CORU (please provide evidence)
- Hold a comparable qualification recognised by the Medical Scientists Registration Board at CORU
- Eligible for fellowship membership of the Institute of Biomedical Science
- MSc in Biomedical Science or recognised equivalent qualification
- Have at least 7 years experience in a medical laboratory since qualifying as a medical laboratory scientist, two years of which were spent in a senior post
- Experience of ISO 15189 laboratory accreditation is essential
- Experience of JCI Hospital accreditation is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Informal enquiries to: Paul Kennedy (laboratory manager)
Phone : 01 885 8501
Contact Aoife.firstname.lastname@example.org for copy of the job description.
Application is by CV to Aoife Coyne, Aoife.email@example.com, Human Resources Department by COB on 23rd May 2022.
MATER PRIVATE NETWORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER