Published Thursday, November 26th, 2020 at 15:49 pm
Basic Grade Medical Scientist
Mater Private Cork is Ireland’s fastest growing private hospital. Our mission is to improve the health and lives of the people we are privileged to serve. Here, at the Mater Private Cork, we take pride in being at the cutting edge of private healthcare in Ireland. We are a JCI accredited Hospital, which is the Highest Quality Care Standard in Healthcare.
An opportunity exists for a qualified Basic Grade Medical Scientist to join our expanding multi-disciplinary Laboratory Service on a full-time basis for permanent opportunity. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who wish to join a dynamic and growing team. The muldisciplinary laboratory encompasses Biochemistry, Haematology, Coagulation, Microbiology and Point of Care specialities.
- Possess a qualification approved by the Medical Scientists Registration Board at CORU: See: https://www.coru.ie/about-us/registration-boards/medical-scientists-registration-board/applyfor-registration/
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the hospital
- Participate in implementing a clinical laboratory service that supports the clinical needs of the patients
- Participate in the implementation of operational processes to the standards of ‘best practice’, in order to optimise use of resources
- Participate in the implementation of a quality management programme which is patient centred and which measures and audits performance and client satisfaction
- To ensure the performance of the laboratory department is professional, efficient and operates as cost effectively as possible.
- Observe the strictest confidence when dealing with all aspects of patient or company information.
- Participate in the concept of open communication throughout the hospital.
- Demonstrate flexibility to work in a demanding fast environment, enthusiasm, adaptability and a willingness to co-operate
- Participate in a team of skilled staff, creating and promoting healthy working relationships
- Ensure that hospital hygiene and infection control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To participate in ensuring effective safety procedures are in place and adhere to the requirements of appropriate legislation including the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act.
- Ability to perform routine work to the highest standard. Ensure that all samples are processed in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Actively participate in internal and external quality control and quality assurance programmes.
- Participate in the evaluation of new methods, techniques and equipment.
- Participate in relevant internal and external training and proficiency programs
- Participate in continuing education and feedback sessions.
A full job description is available on request.
Applications should be made in writing or by e-mail by Friday January 29th 2021 to Evelyn Leonard, HR Department: Evelyn.Leonard@materprivate.ie.The recruitment process will commence thereafter.
Mater Private, Cork is committed to a policy of equal opportunities.