Quality Manager (Chief Medical Scientist)4th August 2022
Mater Private Cork is Ireland’s fastest growing private hospital. Our mission is to improve the health and lives of the people we are privileged to serve. Here, at the Mater Private Cork, we take pride in being at the cutting edge of private healthcare in Ireland. We are a JCI-accredited hospital, which is the highest quality care standard in healthcare.
We have a vacancy for a Quality Manager to join our friendly, supportive laboratory team and contribute to the development and expansion of our service and hospital. Our medium-sized multidisciplinary laboratory provides the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge and collaborate cross-functionally in the hospital and the wider organisation.
- CORU-registered Medical Scientist and eligible for Fellowship of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine
- Seven years’ experience in a medical laboratory since qualifying as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, two of which were spent in a promotional post
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the ISO 15189 International Standard
- Demonstrable effective interaction with accreditation assessors and statutory agencies and of embedding a culture of compliance and continual quality improvement
- Knowledge and experience of risk management
- Experience of JCI hospital accreditation (desirable)
- Excellent leadership and management skills, patient-focused and influential
- Visionary, enthusiastic and collaborative
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by the 16th of August to Evelyn Leonard, HR Department, Evelyn.Leonard@materprivate.ie
For enquiries and/ or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Mary Kennedy, Laboratory Manager, or Linda Cosgrove, Chief Medical Scientist, on 021 6013200.
Mater Private, Cork is committed to a policy of equal opportunities.