New Graduate Nurse Programme20th May 2022
Now in it’s 10th year, the New Graduate Nurse Programme continues to be a success. The programme is aimed at nurses who are newly qualified or less than 2 years qualified and wish to gain experience in an acute, fast-paced clinical environment.
Members of our nursing staff offer great support as they mentor the new graduates to gain competency in many clinical skills.
Nurses who successfully complete the 1 year programme, continue their employment in Mater Private Hospital and as staff nurses, they play an integral role in our nursing team as they continue to build on their nursing knowledge and expertise.
- Commencing once per month for staff with < 2 year experience
- Permanent contract – 1st year is on the graduate programme
- Three placements
Education week includes
- Lectures from MPH clinical nurse specialists
- Mater Private documentation and admission process
- Initial supernumerary period in assigned clinical area
- Manual handling
- Infection control
- Fire training
- Computer training
- I.V. medication study day
- Oncology and haematology
- Anaesthetics and recovery
- Day therapy
Help decide the pathway of your nursing career - spend 4 months in 3 different specialities.
- B.Sc. General Nursing
- Registered with NMBI
- 2 Clinical References
Job descriptions available from Kathryn McBride HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext 01 885 8692
MATER PRIVATE NETWORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER