The Mater Private Hospital is the only authorised IAA centre in Ireland.
- Completion of Application forms
- Ophthalmology Examination
- Electrocardiograph (E.C.G.)
- Spirometry (pulmonary function tests)
- Bloods to include Haemoglobin and Cholesterol (if possible please fast for 12 – 14 hours prior to your medical and drink plenty of water)
- General medical examination, to include height, weight, blood pressure, urine analysis and full physical examination by the Aeromedical Examiner.
Please bring 2 photocopies of your passport to your medical appointment.
It is advisable that you bring sun-glasses with you as your eyes may be sensitive following the Ophthalmology examination.
Following completion of your medical examination all the results will be sent to the Aeromedical Section of the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA). The IAA takes up to 15 working days to process the paperwork, where you will be then issued with your medical certificate from the IAA, if you are deemed fit.
Class I Initial price: €650