Your cancer diagnosis involves a multidisciplinary team (MDM). These teams are a group of specialists all involved in the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients with cancer.
Together they review each case and agree on a best course of action based on each individual. It is international best practise.
- Medical Oncologist (doctor who treats cancer using chemotherapy and other drugs)
- Radiographer (person who takes scans such as xrays, mammograms, ct scans)
- Radiation Oncologist (doctor who treats cancer using radiotherapy)
- Radiologist (doctor who reads scans and images such as xrays,mammograms,,ct scans)
- Pathologist (doctor who specialises in examining cells)
- Cancer Care Nurse
Treatments for cancer include
- Drug Treatment
- Hormone Treatment